Summary of Role
Brannan is a leading British manufacturer & supplier of thermometers and measuring devices, founded in 1913. Located in Cleator Moor, Cumbria, we operate in a number of market sectors, including retail, scientific laboratory and industrial (H&V predominantly).
We are a manufacturer who has built a reputation for quality and service, supplying customers both in the UK and worldwide. The successful candidate will be joining a small team of dedicated sales professionals, offering an exciting challenge to sell into varied market sectors globally.
With a focus on both managing existing accounts and developing new opportunities, the UK & International BDM will be calling on both national and international customers in the market sectors within which the company operates.
The role will require a significant amount of travel, both overseas and domestically; and confidence at selling to customers at all levels is required.
This position presents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent negotiation skills and commercial awareness
- A proven track record in export sales, with experience in managing your own overseas meetings and schedules
- Previous experience in selling to importers, distributors and retailers
- Language skills would be an asset but not essential
- Educated to graduate level
- It is essential that the applicant lives within commuting distance to the Head Office in west Cumbria, as they will be expected to work in the office when not travelling
Fully expensed company car, expense account, laptop, mobile, pension and 27 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Common sense approach when faced with multiple tasks and demands
- Excellent team player
- Ability to think independently and make decisions as required
- Commercial thinker with good technical ability
- Familiarity with international sales and markets would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise effectively and logically
- Clear thinker when under stressful conditions and time pressures
- Ability to influence and persuade when required
- Marketing experience would be welcome
- 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Full time
- Office based (when not travelling)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Opportunity for progression
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Cleator Moor, Copeland, Cumbria
It is essential the candidate lives within proximity of our Head Office in Cleator Moor, Cumbria, as the role will be office based when not travelling.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org